The Inspiration Behind the Blog

I was born to be a writer. When I published my first novel Wild Point Island, my orange and white rescued feral tabby Chuck decided he wanted to travel and see the island for himself. Chuck's desire to travel inspired me to begin the blog and take Chuck with me whenever I traveled, which I do frequently. This was not an easy task. First, I had to deflate the poor kid of all air, stuff him in my carry-on bag, remember to bring my portable pump, and when I arrive, I pump him back up. Ouch. He got used to it and always was ready to pull out his passport and go. Now it's Theo's turn. Smart. Curious. And, yes, another rascal.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Paranormal Romance Wild Point Island Available June 15, 2012




        DEBUT NOVEL INSPIRED BY LOST COLONY OF ROANOKE MYSTERY

Wild Point Island, debut novel for New Jersey resident Kate Lutter, will be published by Crescent Moon Press and will be available for sale as of Friday, June 15, 2012, on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com.

Wild Point Island is a paranormal romance tied to the famous historic event—the Lost Colony of Roanoke—referred to by historians as one of the greatest American mysteries of all time.  The novel answers the question: What if the colonists survived by relocating to another island, and then their decision to eat the local plant life transformed them physiologically and granted them immortality, but at a price?

For the last 420 years most historians believed that the colonists who landed on the Island of Roanoke off the coast of North Carolina perished because of drought, starvation, or hostile native American attacks.  Recently, however, a closer examination of a 425 year-old map of the Roanoke Colony, housed in the British Museum for over 100 years, tells a different story.  The Huffington Post reports that two patches on the map were covering up symbols that indicate the colonists relocated, the first new clues in centuries. An investigation as to the fate of the Lost Colony is continuing.

Kate Lutter has been writing for ten years.  Wild Point Island is her first published novel.  “The timing of my novel Wild Point Island is ironic considering the events occurring at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill,” said Ms. Lutter.  “I always believed the colonists survived.”

Prior to writing full time, Ms. Lutter was the principal of an elementary school, and she taught English on the middle and high school levels.  Currently, she is writing the sequel to Wild Point Island and an exotic travel blog detailing her adventures with her rascal cat named Chuck called Hot Blogging with Chuck which can be found on her website: www.katelutter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chuck would love to hear from you. All comments are welcome.